Join us as volunteer Board Members to help advance health equity for racialized women.
Women's Health in Women's Hands is a Community Health Centre provides culturally competent, relevant, and responsive primary healthcare to racialized women, trans and non binary clients from the African, Black, Caribbean, Latin American and South Asian communities in Toronto and surrounding municipalities. We are changemakers engaged in knowledge transfer and exchange, research, capacity building and advocacy within and across multiple systems in service of our vision.
Women’s Health in Women’s Hands is governed by a Policy Board which consists of 10 directors that are representative of racialized women, trans and non binary people from the African, Black, Caribbean, Latin American and South Asian communities. We are currently seeking candidates with governance experience and with the following areas of identity or expertise:
- Community health care / health sector experience is an asset
- Representatives from the South Asian communities
- Representatives from Latin American Communities
Your efforts and commitment will be highly valued. Alignment with our vision, mission and values is crucial. Please go to https://www.whiwh.com/ to learn more about our organization and our work.
As a Board member the benefits include the following:
- Contributing towards making a difference in the lives of racialized women
- Consolidating leadership and governance skills experience in a non-profit setting
- Contributing to Canadian health care advocacy and policy
- Board and committee members are entitled to reimbursement for public transit or taxi fare, to and from Board or committee meetings and for the cost of childcare while attending meetings.
As a Board member you would be expected to:
- Prepare for and attend Board meetings, and Board committee meetings.
- Board meetings are held on the second Wednesday evening each month. (Due to the Covid19 pandemic, all meetings are currently conducted virtually.)
- Participate and attend the following: 1) One day-long planning session a year 2) AGM in September, and 3) occasional board orientation and/or development
- Support Board decisions once they are made
- Work candidly, collaboratively, respectfully and efficiently with colleagues
If you are interested in being considered for a position on the Board of Directors, please express your interest by submitting a cover letter and resume of interest outlining your qualifications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: April 29 2022