Associate, Corporate Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
We are working with a well-respected and leading full-service law firm featuring a successful platform and strong support resources.
Job Description – Associate, Corporate Lawyer
Our client is seeking to add an Associate, Corporate Commercial to their team in Toronto. The ideal candidate will have between three to five years of corporate and M&A experience, including major sales and acquisitions of private corporations, complex shareholders agreement drafting, and corporate reorganizations. The ideal candidate will have strong drafting and technical skills, sound judgement and business acumen, and excellent practice management skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented lawyer to join a leading law firm offering a collegial and team-oriented work environment and the opportunity to work closely with a variety of emerging companies, with an emphasis on the technology sector.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist a variety of clients, including emerging companies, with corporate and private M&A matters, including due diligence, share and asset transactions, amalgamations, joint ventures, and corporate reorganizations.
- Provide support to senior counsel and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-5 years of corporate and M&A experience
- Effective practice management and superior client service orientation.
- Solid interpersonal skills and sound judgement.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: