Partner, Wills & Estates Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
We are working with a vibrant and growing full-service law firm based in downtown Toronto. The firm features a growing and successful Wills & Estates Group serving individuals, families, business owners, trust companies, and government agencies with both corporate and personal aspects of estate planning, administration, and litigation.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented lawyer seeking to join a firm with a strong platform and excellent resource infrastructure to support and enhance their practice.
Job Description – Partner, Wills & Estates Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, the firm is seeking to add a Partner, Wills & Estates Lawyer to its team in Toronto. The Partner, Wills & Estates Lawyer will assist clients with a broad range of wills, estates and trusts law matters, as well as play a key role in the firm’s growing estates practice. The ideal candidate will have an excellent reputation as a client-focused, ambitious lawyer with working knowledge in tax law. A book of business is not required.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage a broad and complex wills, estates and trusts practice.
- Play a key role in the firm’s growing estates practice; build, mentor, and support the Wills & Estates Practice Group.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 7+ years of wills and estates law experience.
- Working knowledge of tax law.
- Client-focused and ambitious with strong leadership and practice management skills.
- Sound business acumen.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
416.364.6654 / 604.643.1708