Legal Counsel, Technology, Securities (New Economy) Lawyer Job in Calgary, Canada
We are working with a highly regarded and established organization, renowned for its commitment to professionalism, integrity, and fairness.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented lawyer seeking to join a leading organization offering work-life balance, a professional and collaborative culture, and interesting work in emerging practice areas.
Job Description – Legal Counsel, Technology, Securities (New Economy) Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add a Legal Counsel, Technology, Securities (New Economy) Lawyer to its team in Calgary. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years of corporate/commercial experience, preferably with capital markets/securities law experience and an interest in innovation.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Conduct legal research and evaluate local and international securities law initiatives, and its intersection with fintech matters.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3+ years of corporate/commercial law experience, preferably in capital markets/securities law.
- Innovative outlook and sound judgement.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Jeremiah Hunter, Recruitment Associate