Associate, Commercial Litigation Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
We are working with a leading full-service law firm with strong support and resources, a successful platform, and a client-centred approach.
Job Description – Associate, Commercial Litigation Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add an Associate, Commercial Litigation Lawyer to their team in Toronto. The ideal candidate will have three to five years of commercial litigation experience, as well as superior advocacy, analytical, and communication skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented litigator to work alongside leading practitioners and grow their career with a strong platform offering long-term opportunities for growth.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage a broad and complex civil and commercial litigation practice.
- Handle day-to-day aspects of a litigation file, from initial retainer to trial, including litigation strategy, cost management, and client correspondence.
- Provide support to senior counsel and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-5 years of commercial litigation experience at a top tier firm.
- Superior advocacy, analytical, and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: