We are working with a highly regarded Canadian business law firm featuring a dynamic platform and a competitive compensation structure.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented lawyer to join an industry leading, dynamic team that fosters a high-performing culture that is both professionally and personally rewarding.
Job Description – Associate, Technology Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, the firm is seeking to add an Associate, Technology Lawyer to its team. The role will have responsibility over training and providing support to lawyers in the use of market leading legal technologies, as well as devising creative solutions to meet client needs. The ideal candidate will have one to four years of corporate commercial transactional experience at a top-tier law firm with a keen interest in legal software technology. Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills are essential.
The role will report to the Toronto office but given the remote nature of the position, the candidate’s physical location is flexible.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide training and support to lawyers in the use of legal technologies on client files.
- Meet client needs by creating solutions using market leading legal technologies.
- Keep up-to-date on current and upcoming technology solutions.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 1-4 years of corporate commercial transactional experience at a top-tier law firm with a keen interest in legal software technology.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Meaghan Loughry, Recruitment Associate