We are working with an international law firm known for its ambitious, progressive, and innovative platform and impressive and diverse client base. Offering an attractive compensation package and strong support and resources, this is a unique opportunity for an ambitious lawyer looking to practice with a collegial and entrepreneurial team.
Job Description – Associate, Insurance Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add an Associate, Insurance lawyer to its team in Toronto. The successful candidate will assist clients with a broad range of commercial insurance and litigation matters. The ideal candidate will have between five to seven years of experience in private practice with a focus on insurance coverage, litigation, and dispute resolution, exceptional writing and communication skills and sound judgement and business acumen.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Maintain a carriage of commercial insurance and litigation files.
- Handle day-to-day aspects of commercial insurance work, from policy advice, coverage advice and litigation, defence work, investigation, litigation and resolution.
- Provide support to senior counsel and ensure deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 5-7 years of experience in private practice with a focus on insurance coverage, litigation, and dispute resolution.
- Exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Sound judgement and business acumen.
- Excellent ability to foster and grow client relationships.
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: