Legal Counsel, Commercial Real Estate Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
We are working with a successful international company known for its innovative and client-centered approach.
Job Description – Legal Counsel, Commercial Real Estate Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add a Commercial Real Estate Lawyer to its team in Toronto. Working closely with internal client groups and managing a team of real estate clerks, the successful candidate will be responsible for reviewing, interpreting, and approving various title opinions, searches, and documentation. The ideal candidate will have three to six years of commercial real estate law experience, ideally with some managerial experience. The position offers a competitive compensation package, including participation in a stock option and RRSP plan, and an opportunity to balance your professional and personal life.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Review, interpret, and approve various title opinions, searches, and legal documentation.
- Manage, coach, and mentor team members.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-6 years of commercial real estate law experience with some managerial experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior organizational, time management and problem-solving skills.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: