From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
At Intact, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts – the best the industry has to offer. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can: shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About the role
This is your opportunity to join Canada’s largest in-house property and casualty insurance legal team.
We’re looking for an experienced people manager to join our Legal Claims team as a Unit Manager, Legal Claims, Support. In this role, you’ll oversee the career development, engagement and day-to-day activities of a dynamic group of Legal Assistants, Paralegals and Administrative Support team members.
This is a full-time position based in Calgary, AB, and will report into the Legal Claims West Director.
What success in this role looks like:
- You share our values of respect, integrity, excellence, customer-driven & generosity
- Your litigation expertise and passion for people development will inspire your team to achieve great things
- You’ll grow as a people leader as you create an engaging and positive environment for your team that encourages both professional and personal development
- You’ll collaborate with our Claims leadership team to ensure quality claims management
- Your change management experience will help your teams adapt and navigate the complexities of organizational and process change
- You’re a great communicator; whether it’s a phone call or a presentation, you can do it all and can adapt your approach to your audience
- Your curiosity, adaptability and industriousness will help us transform the customer experience in our legal sector
- Establish, communicate and measure performance objectives for your team
- A continued focus on employee engagement: analyze feedback from different sources (one on ones, regular team meetings, survey results) to identify strengths and gaps and take appropriate actions
- Identify the key talent and empower them with meaningful develop opportunities that will give maximum value both to their career and the organization
- Partner with HR to lead the recruitment process for your hiring needs, including the interview and selection process
- Planning and implementing office systems, as well as organizing office operations and procedures
- Help your team to understand and apply policies and procedures
- Communicate as you drive change to help your team adapt to new initiatives, processes or workflows
- Assist in the communication with Claims on trial discussions, joint workflow and other complex file related issues
- Compile and analyze statistics and reports while monitoring and predicting legal trends
- Lead or participate in project-based work as assigned by Director and/or VP Legal Claims
Why others have joined our team:
- Career-boosting projects and development opportunities
- A comprehensive financial rewards program that recognizes your success
- An extensive, flexible benefits package
- A competitive flexible pension plan including three defined benefit options and one defined contribution option
- An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan where we match 50% of net shares purchased
- A $350 annual wellness account designed to promote an active and green lifestyle. It’s so much more than fitness memberships!
The ideal candidate has:
- A university degree or college diploma
- Experience as a people leader within a legal environment
- Proven project management skills, where you have planned, led, and successfully executed projects
- Experience implementing and driving change by encouraging innovative thinking and changes in an operation
- Experience driving change within a team by helping team members understand and adapt to the change while providing mobilization during challenging periods and energizing everyone towards the common goal
- Experience leading a large team including establishing and measuring performance, providing open and honest feedback and maintaining employee engagement
- An approach to leadership which includes being open and honest, caring for people, driving change, and taking accountability
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Intact, our value of Respect is founded on seeing diversity as a strength, being inclusive and fostering collaboration. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please advise the Talent Acquisition partner who reaches out about the job opportunity and they will work with you to meet your needs.
As an employer and publicly traded financial services company, the best interests of our customers, employees and shareholders are important to us. We want Intact to be a great place to work! This means that internal and external candidates will be asked to consent to background checks so we can learn more about you. Please note that for positions with access to financial data or funds, your credit must be in good standing.
For internal candidates, you can apply for a posted position if you have been in your current position for at least 12 months and are performing at a satisfactory level. Please note we may have identified other internal candidates through our Employee Development Program, and that the selection process may also be opened to external applicants.
Eligibility to Work in Canada
It’s important that you are legally eligible to work in Canada at the time an offer of employment is made. You may be requested to provide proof of eligibility at that time.