We are working with an established and highly regarded organization renowned for its commitment to fairness, integrity, and professionalism.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented senior securities lawyer seeking to join a leading organization offering work-life balance, as well as a professional and collaborative culture.
Job Description – Senior Legal Counsel, Corporate Finance Lawyer
Our client has an immediate opening for a Senior Legal Counsel to join its Corporate Finance team in Calgary. Reporting to the Manager, Legal, Corporate Finance, the Senior Legal Counsel will ensure compliance with securities law and make recommendations on applications for exemptive relief. Success in this role requires strong written advocacy skills and the ability to succinctly explain complex legal and business matters.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Review offering documents and continuous disclosure.
- Make recommendations on applications for exemptive relief.
- Advise staff, executive, and board with respect to the interpretation and application of Alberta's securities laws as they relate to corporate finance, M&A, and investment funds.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 5+ years of business law experience at a mid-sized/large law firm or in-house environment.
- Significant securities law experience, including public and private financings, M&A transactions, and continuous disclosure.
- Strong written advocacy skills.
- Ability to succinctly explain complex legal and business matters.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong analytical decision-making and problem-solving skills.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
Sameera Sereda, Managing Partner