Our client is an internationally recognized, top ranked full-service law firm offering strong support and resources, a collegial team and exciting, diverse, and challenging work.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious, up-and-coming lawyer or established partner to play a pivotal role in the continued growth of the firm’s practice. A portable book is not required, although for more senior candidates, demonstrated client development skills are important.
Job Description – Partner, Environmental
Due to succession planning, our client seeks to add a Partner, Environmental to its team in Toronto. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of eight years of broad environmental experience, ideally including regulatory and/or deal advisory work.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist local, national and international clients, public and private, across a broad range of environmental law matters, including environmental approvals, evaluation and allocation of environmental risks, contaminated sites, spills, regulatory matters, redevelopment issues, etc.
- Expand and support business/client development opportunities.
- Provide mentorship and support to the firm’s Environmental Practice Group.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 8+ years of environmental law experience.
- Effective practice management skills.
- Superior client service orientation.
- Exceptional leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: