LOVE WHAT YOU DO
Work is a big part of our lives, so it makes sense to choose a company that offers truly rewarding work. At Economical Insurance®, your contributions, creativity, and energy won’t go to waste. Our passionate culture and pioneering mentality infuse everything we do, which is why our one-million-plus policyholders know we’ll protect their homes, businesses, farms, cars, and pets like they’re our own.
We’re not afraid to see how far we can push the envelope to make insurance better. Our family of companies includes Sonnet, the only Canadian home and auto insurer offering a fully online buying experience, and Petline, the largest Canadian pet insurance company. We’re also preparing to become a publicly traded company, a once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity for everyone who joins our team.
If you’re looking for a company that takes care of its people — and its customers — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What can you expect in this role?
- Acting as paralegal in small claims court subrogation files including preparing pleadings, acting in settlement negotiations, engaging with experts and other third parties supporting litigation, reporting to the client and providing opinions, review and analyzing evidence, enforcing judgments;
- Supporting Subrogation Counsel with their file work including document review and organization; and
- Act as legal assistant for Subrogation Counsel;
What do you bring to the role?
- Paralegal program (degree or diploma) required
- Minimum 5 years of Defence or commercial litigation experience including at least 2 years acting as a paralegal in subrogation matters or acting as a clerk in insurance defence matters or commercial litigation
- P1 License from the Law Society of Ontario
- Proficiency with Outlook and all MS Office applications
- Excellent negotiation and facilitation skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills across a range of contexts
- Ability to perform under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple, yet sometimes conflicting priorities
- Team player and self-motivated
Note: A successful background check is required for this position
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it.
- Competitive salaries, with potential for an annual raise and bonus
- Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
- Generous time away, including vacation and personal needs days
- Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
- Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
- Two annual wellness campaigns — participants earn up to $300 each year to spend on almost anything supporting health and work-life balance (think things like spa days, daycare, pet grooming)
- An unlimited employee referral bonus program
- Flexible work schedule
- Discounts on products and services
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume and cover letter in one document.
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.