Legal Counsel Lawyer Job in Ontario, Canada
We are working with a successful company led by highly renowned business leaders with a reputation as an industry disrupter.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented lawyer to join an entrepreneurial team poised for ongoing growth and success.
Job Description – Legal Counsel Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, the company is seeking to add a Legal Counsel to its team. The successful candidate will have three to six years of corporate commercial law experience at a top tier law firm or company, strong work ethic, superior relationship building skills, and the ability to thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Draft, review, and negotiate commercial agreements.
- Support, plan and track corporate transactions of the company, including mergers, sales, acquisitions and financings where applicable.
- Leading the legal elements of the company’s corporate governance function.
- Support various regulatory compliance matters.
- Coordinating with different internal business unit leaders across the company to conduct legal reviews of third-party contracts.
- Conduct legal research to support company strategy and vision.
- Evaluate and mitigate risk.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3-6 years of corporate commercial law experience at a top tier law firm or company.
- Strong work ethic and superior relationship building skills.
- Ability to thrive in an evolving environment.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: