We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions, so you are empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and are truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity in Legal?
Be part of a growing team where you will provide independent legal advice, as well as related transactional, regulatory and litigation support, to business management across all lines of CIBC’s business globally.
Our Canadian Legal Team is located in Toronto and Montreal and is organized into four functional teams:
(i) Capital Markets
(ii) Commercial Banking, Wealth Management and Technology and Operations (Globally)
(iii) Personal Banking, Payments and Innovation
(iv) Litigation and Employment
(v) Transactions, Privacy and Law Clerks
In addition, Canada Legal supports CIBC’s Treasury and Corporate Development activities globally.
The successful candidate must have been called to the Bar in Ontario.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity within legal, please submit your resume here!
At CIBC we enable the work environment most optimal for you to thrive in your role. To successfully perform the work, details on your work arrangement (proportion of on-site and remote work) will be discussed at the time of your interview.
What CIBC offers
At CIBC, your goals are a priority. We start with your strengths and ambitions as an employee and strive to create opportunities to tap into your potential. We aspire to give you a career, rather than just a paycheck.
- We work to recognize you in meaningful, personalized ways including a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, a health benefits program, defined benefit pension plan, an employee share purchase plan and MomentMakers, our social, points-based recognition program.
- Our spaces and technological toolkit will make it simple to bring together great minds to create innovative solutions that make a difference for our clients.
- We cultivate a culture where you can express your ambition through initiatives like Purpose Day; a paid day off dedicated for you to use to invest in your growth and development.
What you need to know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation, please contact Mailbox.firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
- CIBC is committed to doing our part to protect our team, our clients and our communities. We want to ensure we have a safe and healthy workplace, and we want to do our part to get through this pandemic. In keeping with this commitment, and as a condition of employment, CIBC requires all successful candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of their start date, or provide written proof of a medical exemption, or other substantiated accommodation request under applicable human rights legislation.
Toronto-81 Bay, 20th Floor