Purolator Inc. is a leading Canadian integrated freight, package, and logistics solutions provider in Canada. Celebrating 60 years of delivering its customers’ promises, Purolator continues to expand its reach and renowned service levels and reliability to more people, more businesses, and more places across the country and around the world. Purolator is proud of its Canadian heritage and is focused on sustainably positioning itself for future growth and success. Purolator is also committed to contributing to the well-being of the communities it serves and where more than 13,000 of its employees live, work and play.
Offering work-life balance and a dynamic work environment, this is a tremendous opportunity for a talented lawyer to join a trade leader in an energizing and evolving industry.
Job Description – Legal Counsel, Commercial
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add a Legal Counsel, Commercial Lawyer to its team in the Greater Toronto Area. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of four years of contract negotiation experience, a pragmatic approach and creative solutions-focus, and sound business acumen.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Independently manage a case load focusing on contract negotiation, including RFPs, renewals, and new opportunities.
- Provide strategic and pragmatic cross-functional project advice.
- Assist and advise internal and external clients on a variety of matters such as commercial contracts, RFPs, customer issues, amongst others.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 4+ years of contract negotiation experience gained in a similar industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
- Sound business acumen and pragmatic approach.
- Work with confidence in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative, solution-focused team player.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact:
416.364.6654 / 604.643.1708