What is it?
A Career Accelerator program for Indigenous and racialized lawyers in the early stage and mid-stage of their careers.
Who can apply?
The Career Accelerator program is for lawyers:
• Who self-identify as Indigenous and/or racialized.
• Are in their early career (1-6 years) or mid-career (7-15 years) post call.
• Who are licensed to practice law in Ontario.
• Who want to explore or expand their practice in one of the three emerging areas oflaw: Artificial Intelligence, Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG), and Fintech.
When does the program take place?
• The Accelerator Program will run for eight weeks both in person and online.- In-person: June 8th to 11th 2023 at the OBA Conference Centre in Toronto.- Virtually: June 11th to August 3rd 2023, via Zoom.
• Commencement will take place in-person and virtually the weekend of August 3, 2023 at the OBA Conference Centre in Toronto.
When does the application period begin?
• Applications open on February 13th, 2023 and close on March 13, 2023.
• The OBA will announce the program participants on April 21st, 2023.Why a Career Accelerator program?Indigenous and racialized lawyers face barriers and challenges within the legal profession,including lack of entry, promotion, retention, and lack of lateral advancements. The CareerAccelerator program is designed to support Indigenous and racialized lawyers in their earlycareer to mid-career in advancing their knowledge, experience, and connections to lawyers inthe four areas of practice.How can you support this program?
• Share this program with your networks.
• Register to become a faculty member, speaker, expert, mentor or sponsor.
• Share OBA social media posts and emails about the Career Accelerator program.
• Sponsor the program or share with firms who may be interested in sponsoring the program.
• Contact us to let us know how you can support, email CareerAccelerator@oba.org
Have any questions? Email Mante Molepo, the OBA’s Innovator in Residence at CareerAccelerator@oba.org