Do you have a passion for helping people? Are you a licensed member of the Law Society of Ontario? Have you gained experience within a law firm in Ontario and are ready to grow in your career? Are you prepared to work independently within an established law firm? We want to hear from you for this unique opportunity within our firm.
MALICKI SANCHEZ Barristers and Solicitors is a dynamic, award winning law firm in Mississauga established in 1959. Our firm specializes in various areas of the law. It serves a multilingual clientele with English, Spanish and Polish being the most predominant. Because of our broad experience in various areas of the law we are able to provide a range of solutions to clients. We litigate but attempt to find alternative cost-effective solutions for our clients.
You must have experience in one of more of the areas of the law set out below:
• Able to determine if a matter is appropriate for litigation;
• Research skills;
• Able to draft pleadings and conduct litigation for Plaintiff and Defendant;
• Able to conduct litigation in Superior and Small Claims Court and before tribunals;
• Able to recommend and conduct alternate proceedings to litigation including ADR.
• Knowledge and ability to understand and apply all family law legislation and the Family Law Rules;
• Preparing court documents including Briefs, Document Disclosure, Motion Materials, Factums and Trial Materials;
• Conducting family law litigation including trial work and mediation;
• Experience in preparing Financial Statements and financial disclosure briefs;
• Experience in preparing Uncontested Divorces;
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Advising clients on a broad range of employment related matters including but not limited to: hiring, employee compensation and benefits, discipline, terminations, severance packages and approach to terminations, reductions in work force and developing strategies for managing risk around employment matters;
• Drafting employment and secondment contracts, termination letters, employment policies & procedures and other employment related documents;
• Assisting clients to ensure their businesses are compliant with employment laws and regulations;
• Advising on start-up operations including processes, policies and procedures;
• Representation at Court hearings.
• Understanding of corporate legal terminology and applicable statutes;
• Drafting, reviewing and analyzing corporate commercial contracts, including but not limited to service agreements, joint operating agreements, participating agreements and other agreements necessary to conduct operations such as purchases and sales;
• Advising and participating in the review of legal corporate commercial matters including contract disputes, operating agreements, corporate reorganizations, acquisitions and divestitures including due diligence;
• Draft and file Articles of Incorporation, Amalgamation, Continuance, Amendment, Revival, Dissolution and any related documents;
• Prepare documents and corporate filings;
• Conduct minute book reviews and updating Minute Books;
• Register trade names;
• Business assets and share purchase and sale transactions;
• Can Prepare and close share purchase agreements and asset purchase agreements.
• Is familiar with real estate law;
• Understands remedies in real estate law including mortgages;
• Is familiar with the Planning Act and Condominium Act;
• Is able to conduct litigation in real estate;
• Is able to draft agreement of purchase and sale and review agreements including new homes and condominiums;
• Is able to understand and prepare requisitions and reply to requisitions;
• Is able to work with experienced law clerks in handling all types of real estate transactions, closing purchases, sales and mortgages;
• Is familiar with commercial real estate, including leases and financing commercial transactions.
Qualification for the position, include but not limited to the following:
• Licensed Member of the Law Society of Ontario is required;
• 3 years’ experience within more than one area is a definite asset: Family Law, Corporate Law, Civil Litigation and Employment is a definite asset;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is a requirement;
• Excellent verbal communication in Spanish is required. Good written skills in Spanish is an asset;
• Experience with more than one of the following programs DivorceMate, Microsoft Teams, CosmoLex, OneDrive, Office 365 is essential;
• Good judgment, an ability to think critically, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to thrive in a
change oriented environment is highly desired;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to manage caseload independently is an asset;
• Ability to be innovative in support of strategic business goals such as client satisfaction and revenue targets.
What you will bring to the team:
• A motivated and proactive individual, with ability to prioritize and effectively meet deadlines while exceeding client satisfaction and creating a positive working environment;
• A positive outlook, flexible attitude, enthusiasm, and a team player;
• Ability to re-imagine the business to elevate client services and develop new clients is key;
• The ability to problem-solve and work independently while being a leader to other team members;
• Ability to add value to the legal team with revenue generation and cost savings while committing to exceeding client satisfaction;
• Experience using CosmoLex, Microsoft Office, Divorcemate, Est8-a-base, Fast Company, Willbuilder, and ACL.
Malicki Sanchez offers an enjoyable working environment and a competitive salary commensurate with experience and linked to an incentive program. Great opportunity to benefit from large, established client base.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please submit a detailed introduction letter, preferred in Spanish, along with your resume to email@example.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Malicki Sanchez is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility.