We are working with a leading Canadian business law firm with a world-class platform. The firm provides comprehensive legal services to leading local, national, and international clients across a wide range of industries.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a talented lawyer to join a highly regarded firm dedicated to fostering an innovative culture that is both professionally and personally rewarding.
Job Description – Associate, Labour & Employment
Due to ongoing growth, the firm has an immediate opening for an Associate, Labour & Employment Lawyer to join its team in Toronto. The successful candidate will assist sophisticated corporate clients in a wide range of workplace issues.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist clients in a wide range of labour and employment issues, including wrongful dismissal, OH&S, employment standards, human rights, and labour relations.
- Advise on disciplinary matters, terminations, drafting and implementing employment contracts and workplace policies, and collective agreement interpretation.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3 - 5 years of management-side labour and employment experience at a top-tier firm or company.
- Strong client service orientation and a pragmatic, business-focused outlook.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: