Associate, Corporate M&A in Toronto, Canada
Our client is a national, full-service law firm with an incredible reputation, strong support and resources, and a dynamic team.
Offering opportunities for growth, work-life balance, a collegial work environment and hybrid work arrangement, this is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious lawyer to join an entrepreneurial, growing, and successful firm.
Job Description – Associate, Corporate M&A
Due to ongoing growth, our client is seeking to add an Associate, Corporate M&A to its team in Toronto. The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years of corporate/commercial and M&A experience, strong business development skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit. An interest in the sports/entertainment industry would be considered an asset.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage a varied case load of corporate M&A and commercial files.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
- Support senior counsel and ensure deadlines are met.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 3+ years of corporate/commercial and M&A experience.
- Strong business development skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and take ownership of files.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and drafting skills.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: