Associate, Competition Lawyer Job in Toronto, Canada
We are working with a successful law firm known for its innovation and global reach.
For more experienced lawyers, this is a great opportunity to join a successful firm with partnership prospects and opportunities for growth.
Job Description – Associate, Competition Lawyer
Due to ongoing growth, the firm is seeking an Associate, Competition Lawyer to join its team in Toronto. The successful candidate will have experience in a variety of competition law, including regulatory compliance, competition compliance, and market investigations. Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills are required. All levels of Competition Lawyers, including foreign trained lawyers and in-counsels are welcome to apply.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage a varied case load of competition files including merger review, foreign investment review, regulatory compliance, market investigations, and distribution, pricing, marketing, and advertising.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent).
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently.
- Excellent research, analytical, and drafting skills.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: