Associate, Capital Markets Lawyer in Toronto/Vancouver, Canada
Our client is a successful Canadian law firm with an entrepreneurial and forward-focused management team. The firm prides itself in an open and collaborative working environment and a highly effective talent management strategy, including a clear partnership track. Its corporate group comprises a first-class, multi-faceted team providing comprehensive legal services to leading local, national, and international clients across a wide range of industries.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join a successful corporate law group with a thriving capital markets and M&A practice.
Job Description – Associate, Capital Markets Lawyer
Our client is seeking to add an Associate, Capital Markets Lawyer to its Toronto or Vancouver office. The successful candidate will assist clients in a wide variety of capital markets, financing, and M&A transactions. The ideal candidate will have two to five years of securities law experience, ideally with some M&A experience.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist issuers, underwriters, and selling shareholders in domestic and cross-border public offerings and private placements of debt, equity, and structured finance products.
- Assist private and public companies on a variety of corporate finance matters.
- Assist with corporate governance requirements, continuous disclosure obligations, and general regulatory compliance matters.
- Provide support to senior partners and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Participate in and support business development activities, including client relationship management.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- LL.B. or J.D. degree (or equivalent
- Good standing with a Canadian Law Society.
- 2-5 years of securities law experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and drafting skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ambitious and entrepreneurial outlook.
This is an exclusive search.
The Counsel Network is committed to building a diverse legal community through our inclusive business and recruitment practices. We value diversity of experience, expertise, and background, and strive to eliminate barriers historically encountered by marginalized groups. We recognize that an equitable, diverse, and inclusive workforce benefits and enriches both the legal profession and the greater community.
For more information or to apply for this position, contact: