Learn with Lerners Bursary & Mentorship Program
Lerners believes that diversity and equitable opportunity in the legal services industry is integral to providing effective legal representation. That is they launched the Learn with Lerners Bursary & Mentorship Program as part of their efforts to help address the systemic barriers experienced early on by Black, Indigenous and People of Colour in the legal services industry.
The program is designed to assist BIPOC students financially in their first year of post-secondary education by awarding a $5,000.00 bursary in addition to 12 months of invaluable mentorship with a Lerners lawyer.
Effective immediately, they are accepting applications online through their website. For more details on this program and to submit applications,
please go to https://www.lerners.ca/diversity-inclusion/bursary-program. Applications will be accepted until 11:59pm EST on October 7th, 2021.
Students who graduated high school and have been admitted to a first-year program at an Ontario college or university in September 2021 are eligible for the Learn with Lerners Bursary & Mentorship Program. Eligible candidates must:
- Be a member of Ontario’s BIPOC community and self-identify as a Black, Indigenous or Person of Colour
- Be 21 years of age or less at the start of the 2021-22 academic term
- Be interested in pursuing a career in the legal services industry (broadly defined)
- Have been admitted to a first-year program at an Ontario post-secondary college or university and plan to attend on a full-time basis during the 2021-22 term
- Meet all other eligibility criteria set out in the Terms and Conditions.
The recipient of the Learn with Lerners Bursary & Mentorship Program will be announced in early November.
You can also help spread the word by re-posting our various links to the Program on your social media channels:
Linkedin: Click here
Facebook: Click here
Instagram: Click here
Twitter: Click here